Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
- Research, plan and write APIs, SDKs, CLIs, API documentation and other devtools
- Support the product team with best practices and right order in lean design and SDLC.
- Internal PR (public relations). Create content about our work in the DX team.
- Communicate effectively across a range of stakeholders who have different capabilities and objectives
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Improve existing devtools, make them enterprise ready, offer best practices and guidance to use and benchmark them.
- Be an expert in the way our users use the product and come up with ideas and solutions to improve their development velocity.
- Apply and implement GitOps principles into the product offering
- Improve the technical content of our API Management knowledge base
- Study and assess API Management vendors and their capabilities
- Provide stakeholders with actionable advice
- Assist with presentation material for industry analyst vendor briefings
- Help assess and prioritise research initiatives
- Help and support DX research work proposals and architecture
- Participate in Research Team meetings, activities and workflows
- Collaborate within the Research Team and our other departments
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Development Experience
- Experience in Containerisation, Kubernetes and Helm charts
- Gitops skills and infrastructure automation experience
- Knowledge of APIs and API Management
- Commercial awareness – understanding the marking and environment we are working in is the base for everything we do
- Knowledge of key technologies and standards in the API Management space, including topics such as OAS, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, REST, GraphQL, Service Mesh, Kubernetes, Helm charts (not everything in the list)
- Understanding of software development processes, devops, automated testing and automated deployment GitOps practices
- Enthusiasm and capability to learn new technologies and skills
- Analytical mindset
- Produces high quality deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reliably works to deadlines
- Agent of change and able to influence others
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://marketing-staging.do.poc.tyk.technology/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://marketing-staging.do.poc.tyk.technology