Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We’ve spent the last two years setting a solid foundation for Tyk’s global marketing efforts: shouting from the rooftops as loud as we can give our diminutive size; cultivating a growing and passionate Tyk community; and taking our open-source mantra out on the road – from the Americas to Australia.
It’s now time to turn things up a notch, so we’re looking to recruit a Product Evangelist to help people find, use, and love, Tyk.
Your role will be a critical bridge between our expert team and the big, wide world, translating, mediating and signposting just why Tyk is so innovative and exciting.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Creating and maintaining white papers, screencasts, demos and videos about Tyk services & solutions, along with emerging technologies and industry developments.
- Writing technical documents and best-practice blogs
- Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness.
- Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panellist and keynote speaker at Tyk and third party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Collaborating with internal teams, community user groups and developer program initiatives.
- Advising and supporting team members on campaign content or channels
- Coordination with commercial, UX and product teams to identify developer needs.
- Reporting on success and providing recommendations for future activities
- Liaising with other remote teams.
- Direct engagement with the developer community through meetups, roadshows, boot camps, hackathons, lectures and other channels of education.
- Community Support – Facilitate a great experience with Tyk for developers at scale with broad reach channels such as Slack, video conference, Stack Overflow and other forums.
- Travel as a Tyk representative to conferences and meet-ups, whether it’s at the booth, handling workshop facilitation and talk presentations
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Significant experience working in a technology evangelist role
- Strong knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms and popular programming languages
- Computer Science Degree
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
- Working knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and/ or setting an industry standard.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to deliver to tight conflicting deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with people from technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum’s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://marketing-staging.do.poc.tyk.technology/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://marketing-staging.do.poc.tyk.technology