Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a driven and talented Product Manager to play a key part in realising our ambitions for full lifecycle API management on Cloud infrastructure.
Working in a well established product area, you will be work closely with the Senior Product Manager for Cloud, and the Head of Cloud Platform, to distill the overall Cloud strategy into something meaningful and deliverable for your particular Cloud component – in this case the Cloud console and deployment area of the product.
You will be highly competent in your knowledge of the Cloud landscape, and have a great technical understanding of infrastructure as code, infrastructure as a service, plus FaaS and iPaaS.
You will be competent in understanding Cloud reach , optimum service, and value for money across a multi region and multi provider landscape too.
We want a Product Manager who has a real eye for quality – backlog organisation, Scrum processes, clarity of user stories, acceptance criteria, sprint planning – the ability to prioritise and balance many competing demands is essential.
You will have a talented team to call on day to day, comprised of engineers, QA experts, UX Designers, and a Technical Lead – all of who will help you shape your proposition and deliver it brilliantly. You will also have access to commercial, research, and customer success teams.
We’d give you a large amount of autonomy to shape your product area and its value proposition in the direction you thing delivers our overall Cloud strategy best. We live radical responsibility and empowerment, and place complete trust in all of our teams.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Challenging and helping to shape the product vision for your area with the Senior Product Manager
- Being able to distill the vision into sprint based shippable outcomes, and represent these on a delivery roadmap
- Apply design thinking principles to understand and challenge every idea that funnels into your area – ensure we understand customer motivations
- Ensure great quality of user story definition from product teams into delivery squads – great detail, acceptance criteria, clarity
- Be the arbiter of great ticket quality for bugs and stories coming into your squad – be brave enough to send back for more information and reduce fire and forget feature requests
- Be able to create and own a go to market plan for you proposition – creating a clear value proposition, educating commercial teams on how to sell, organising technical education of our consulting and support teams, assisting Marketing with go to market communication
- Drive the quality agenda along your delivery track in conjunction with the technical lead. Identify failures, use retros to drive improvements, ensure our quality standards are adhered to (definition of done for example)
- Assist the Scrum Master in assembling delivery metrics for your product area
- Consult across the business and with customers on problems, issues, pain points, and opportunities and ensure we action the most valuable
- Lead our horizon planning process for our capability releases – bring commercial, product, support, UX functions together to submit, assess, score, and agree on the themes for the next release, and manage any grooming activity
- Be a key part of the scrum process – leading planning and grooming sessions to keep our sprints focused, achievable, and with shippable value
- Work with the Scrum Master to ensure you are on time with the release plans, escalate blockers, raise risks and issues
- Be a key input into retros and scrum of scrum sessions and drive a culture of continuous improvement in delivery
- Have a keen eye on the commercial performance and user satisfaction of your product set, and use this data to suggest improvement and changes of course to the product strategy
- Be obsessed with a documentation first approach, ensuring the engineering team are documenting their build to a high standard, and before they build
- Assist the Scrum Master in preparation of key data for go / no go decisioning
- Be prepared to sit on marketing focused webinars for new capabilities and assist our Demand Generation team in generating product take up
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Solid scrum experience with a certification ideally, and experience of working with a Scrum Master
- Experience with either creating or shaping a product vision (not owning necessarily)
- Be conversant with product prioritization methods , especially RICE
- Working knowledge of quality criteria within Scrum – definition of done, acceptance criteria
- Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement across product and delivery tooling / process
- A keen focus on test automation and a ‘shift left’ test culture
- A highly inquisitive and curious mind, coupled with a deep understanding of the customer motivations
- Technical experience of the APIM world
- Technical experience of Cloud, cloud native technologies, FaaS, infrastructure as a service, infrastructure as code
- An outgoing personality, happy to make productive relationships across Tyk, and with customers
- A data driven mindset where you can measure and prove product performance or value propositions
- A deep understanding of how to get capabilities to market – from training, to documentation, to how to sell the proposition
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://marketing-staging.do.poc.tyk.technology/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://marketing-staging.do.poc.tyk.technology