Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
- Our Core APIM look after the basis of our product proposition – create, secure, authenticate and publish an API; logging, monitoring, and debugging; connectors to our supported databases; policies and keys; and exciting new capabilities such as our Open Policy Agent
- We are looking for a talented and technically proficient Product Manager to lead the growth and establishment of this offering for Tyk. Working under the auspices of the Core APIM product area , you’d be responsible for curating and growing a coherent product strategy for Core APIM capabilities, and converting that to reality.
- You’d work with an engineering squad to make this happen, and have access to Senior Product Managers, Scrum Masters, and talented Technical Leads to help you shape.
- You’d be commercially aware and understand monetisation opportunities, as well as understand Scrum delivery to a good working level, being able to curate backlogs, drive estimation, and create high quality user stories.
- Ideally you’d have a good technical understanding of FLAPIM, and be a driven and motivated innovator which takes pride in bringing great product to market
- You will be skilled at decomposing a product vision into a delivery roadmap. Working with Scrum methodologies, you will create compelling and detailed epics and user stories with clear acceptance criteria. You will be the arbiter of our delivery prioritisation, and ensure our sprint plans contain a shippable outcome every time – driving quality improvement at every turn.
- You will be confident enough to challenge and inform the product vision for your area, and use data driven insights to make your point – we are looking for a competent technologist, able to distill big concepts into deliverable stories, and be an excellent communicator.
- This role is the glue between vision and reality; making our ambitions come to life with clear prioritisation, product ideation, great user story definition, and the building of a great relationship with our delivery squads.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Challenging and helping to shape the product vision for your area with the Senior Product Manager
- Being able to distill the vision into sprint based shippable outcomes, and represent these on a delivery roadmap
- Apply design thinking principles to understand and challenge every idea that funnels into your area – ensure we understand customer motivations
- Ensure great quality of user story definition from product teams into delivery squads – great detail, acceptance criteria, clarity
- Be the arbiter of great ticket quality for bugs and stories coming into your squad – be brave enough to send back for more information and reduce fire and forget feature requests
- Be able to create and own a go to market plan for you proposition – creating a clear value proposition, educating commercial teams on how to sell, organising technical education of our consulting and support teams, assisting Marketing with go to market communication
- Drive the quality agenda along your delivery track in conjunction with the technical lead. Identify failures, use retros to drive improvements, ensure our quality standards are adhered to (definition of done for example)
- Assist the Scrum Master in assembling delivery metrics for your product area
- Consult across the business and with customers on problems, issues, pain points, and opportunities and ensure we action the most valuable
- Lead our horizon planning process for our capability releases – bring commercial, product, support, UX functions together to submit, assess, score, and agree on the themes for the next release, and manage any grooming activity
- Be a key part of the scrum process – leading planning and grooming sessions to keep our sprints focused, achievable, and with shippable value
- Work with the Scrum Master to ensure you are on time with the release plans, escalate blockers, raise risks and issues
- Be a key input into retros and scrum of scrum sessions and drive a culture of continuous improvement in delivery
- Have a keen eye on the commercial performance and user satisfaction of your product set, and use this data to suggest improvement and changes of course to the product strategy
- Be obsessed with a documentation first approach, ensuring the engineering team are documenting their build to a high standard, and before they build
- Assist the Scrum Master in preparation of key data for go / no go decisioning
- Be prepared to sit on marketing focused webinars for new capabilities and assist our Demand Generation team in generating product take up
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Solid working Scrum experience with a certification ideally, and experience of working with a Scrum Master
- Experience with either creating or shaping a product vision (not owning necessarily)
- Be conversant with product prioritization methods , especially RICE
- Working knowledge of quality criteria within Scrum – definition of done, acceptance criteria
- Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement across product and delivery tooling / process
- A highly inquisitive and curious mind, coupled with a deep understanding of the customer motivations
- Technical experience of the APIM world
- An outgoing personality, happy to make productive relationships across Tyk, and with customers
- A data driven mindset where you can measure and prove product performance or value propositions
- A deep understanding of how to get capabilities to market – from training, to documentation, to how to sell the proposition
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://marketing-staging.do.poc.tyk.technology/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://marketing-staging.do.poc.tyk.technology